Plants are unique items in MovieStarPlanet. They were released in 2010 as part of the garden theme (which included the garden room itself), but were later retired in mid-summer 2011. There are two types of plants: NeoPlants (Non-VIP) and MeatEaters (VIP). They could be purchased from the plant store for around 400 starcoins and once fully grown, the player could then sell them for around 800 starcoins.
Growing and Caring for a Plant
Plants have 4 different stages of growth, and 5 overall stages counting the "bagged" stage. In order for a plant to grow a stage, 8 (one above the max for each level) "fertilizer points" are required. Fertilizer points are gained by the player giving bags of fertilizer to the plant. A bag (or two bags at once, if the player selects the VIP option) of fertilizer costs 5 starcoins and can only be given once every so many (7+) hours. If enough time has passed, fertilizer points can be lost, but plant stages won't go down. The player can also water their plant by simply clicking the watering can icon; however, it is not known whether this is required for growth or to prevent sickness, or simply an option.
If the plant is not properly cared for, it will become sick. Once that happens, the plant will change visually and the player can no longer water it, but the stage of the plant will remain the same. If the player wishes to restore their plant and begin using it again, they have the option to cure it for 40 starcoins. If the player doesn't cure a plant, nothing further will happen.
Both types of plants can vary in three ways: The design of the pot, the design of the stem, and the color and/or design of the flower/thorn/bud/extra . Each can have any combination of the three. Which three the plant will have is randomly determined after the "bagged" stage and remains the same throughout the plant's entire life.
- Plants could previously only be placed in the garden room. Now, they can be moved to other rooms.
- It is unknown what exactly was necessary for a plant to grow from the "bagged" stage, but it's most likely the same process that retired pets go through in the egg stage (the player puts the egg in their room and then clicks on it and it instantly grows).
- What is known is that it did not require any form of "caring".
- It is unknown if a plant can be taken to the pet park chat room.
- It is unknown how exactly plants work on the MSP app.
- What is known is that they do exist on it in some form, even if they can't be cared for.
- It is unknown how much time must pass before the plant can be given fertilizer again (though it is known to be above 7 hours), as well as how much time must pass before a fertilizer point is lost.
- It is unknown how much time must pass before a plant dies.
- It is unknown if plants can continue to receive fertilizer at their maximum stage.
- It is unknown what the process of selling a plant once fully grown is. It is also unknown if plants can still be sold.
- It is unknown if there was a limit to how many plants could be owned at once.
- What is known is that it was possible for a player to own at least one of both types.
- It is unknown if plants count towards the maximum amount of pets allowed in a room.
- Plants were introduced before diamonds, so they could not be grown in the diamond shop.
- It is unknown whether or not the plant always appears dehydrated to other players, or if this only happens when the plant owner has failed to hydrate the plant themselves.
- Players can water another player's plant by visiting it in their garden and clicking on it. They will be awarded one starcoin for doing so.
- Plants can be named (and re-named) like pets.
- None of the "variations" change with growth for MeatEater plants.
- There is an unused status icon for plants that seems to represent "death". It's unknown if this feature was previously used (and since removed) or never implemented.
- There was a glitch on the MSP app that sometimes caused players to see plants instead of their boonies.
- Plants can be taken to pet parks.
- The MovieStarPlanet owners "Stig", "Claus", and "Designer" all have a plant on every server in their rooms.