Servers are a unique aspect of MovieStarPlanet. Each server offers a different community of players; however, they all keep the same interface and for the most part offer the same features.
All servers are accessible by every player no matter their location as long as they're on the correct website; however, the player must sign up for each server individually, accounts will not carry through from server to server.
Below is a chart of the different servers locations, web addresses, base languages, and launch times.
The order of the chart is based on launch time.
|Country||Web Address||Language||Launch Date|
|United Kingdom(UK)||MovieStarPlanet.co.uk||English||December 2010|
|New Zealand(NZ)||MovieStarPlanet.co.nz||English||January 2013|
- Despite the base language, many players may still speak English within the site.
- Although MyStarPlanet is named differently, it's still considered to be MovieStarPlanet. The reasoning behind the name change is yet to be disclosed.
- It's predicted that the US server has the most users or at least the most active users. This is believed because the highest scoring MovieStars are quite a bit higher there than on any other server. However, that isn't necessarily, means to believe it's true.
- Sometimes a single server may be used to test an update before it's added to all the other servers. In addition to this, some servers may be updated later than others.
- Certain features are sometimes kept from some servers. This is sometimes believed to be due to child safety laws of those countries.
- MovieStarPlanet owns the domains "www.moviestarplanet.jp" (Japan) and "www.moviestarplanet.ru" (Russia) as well as the roboblastplanet (but not blockstarplanet) equivalents of those (they all redirect to .com). It's uncertain if there were ever or are plans to expand to these countries or if MSP wanted to claim the domains for another reason.
- MSP has other non-playable servers. These servers are the beta server, alpha server, upload server, and content delivery network. The beta server is used to find and fix bugs within the game. The alpha server is used to test new features. The upload and CDN server are used to upload files on MSP.
Glitches & Errors
- On the Danish server when you wear another look and you refresh, you happen to wear the same look from before again. (unpatched)